Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Out in the Town Celebrating the 18th

After my mom's birthday celebration at her condo, we went to a local park that was totally full of stands, kiosks, stages, and all kinds of activities and games for kids, foods, and a place where they sold goat cheese. My first time eating goat cheese. It was a different taste, and it was a very good different. We also bought churros with manjar (carmel).These are young people dressed in typical apparel to celebrate the Chilean Independence Day. They had "cueca" competitions so these young people had been dancing most of the day and by the time we got there, they had already received their places.

This is just a random couple I asked to pose for the photo.


This is just a random couple of huasos that I asked to pose with Aubri and Sofia. I think huasos are soooo good looking! Aren't they? They really are like the Chilean version of a cowboy: extremely attractive, very charming, and true gentlemen. At least the ones I have met. :-) Aubri agreed . . . .