Sunday, October 25, 2009

18th of September: My mom's and Chile's Birthday


My mom's birthday at her condo.

This was the everlasting cake. It was covered with a layer of marzipan. It was sooooo rich that only a small sliver of cake was all we could eat at once. One week later, the day we left Chile, we ate the last piece. In fact, my sister Vivi was eating her piece and left a little bit on her plate. It was sitting there and everyone was done eating so I thought she too was done. So I ate her piece before it got thrown in the garbage. It turns out she was saving it for later . . :-( Poor Vivi! Ooooops! Now we know why I look the way I do, and why she is so slender! Other people eat her food!!!! Sorry, Vivi. I still feel badly about it . . .

This is my niece Sofia enjoying the sunny afternoon at the park inside my mom's condominium grounds.

Sofia has problems with her personal hygiene . . just kidding! Aubri and Sofia were "having fun."

Two sisters pretending they love each other . . . :-)

I hope I can grow up to be as pretty as my mom and look this great when I'm 87 ! ! ! And she lives alone and does everything for herself. She is amazing! A great role model for all her daughters.




Four sisters an their mom. Who's the oldest daughter? Not me! :-)

No mom this time. I'm still NOT the oldest! :-)

Reggie in a sea of estrogen . . .

And here is the sea of estrogen (Reggie behind the camera). On a delicious note, the food was great! My mom is a great cook.

This is the elevator to my mom's condo.

This is a view of the grounds inside the complex.

My mom's condo is in the building to the left. THe building in front is another of the 5 buildings in her complex. It's a gated community with a 24-hour guard at the gates. We had to check in with the guard every time, and he would intercom my mom to make sure we were "worthy" to enter into the complex.