Sunday, October 18, 2009

At Julio's house on Thursday night we had dinner and a fun session of Kareoke in Julio's Kareoke room. A full set-up with a computer, projector to see the lyrics, two standing microphones, and a library of hundreds of themes to sing to. We went to bed around 4AM.

From left to right: Fernanda, Julio's daughter, my sister Mabel, my mom, my sister Susy, and half of my sister Vivi's face.

From left to right: my sister Susy (a OB Gyn nurse practicioner), my sister Vivi (a beautician), my Aunt Eliana (a retired school teacher), her husband Julio Senior (a retired textile company Business Manager), their daughter Ana Maria (a high school chemistry teacher) and her husband Jorge (an aeronautical engineer in the Chilean Air Force), then Sherri and Reggie.

This is Rossana, Julio's wife wearing a Chilean "Huasa" hat. Afterall, the next day was Chile's Independence Day.

These two young girls are Ana Maria's and Jorge's daughters. They are South America's champions of Figure Rollerskating. Yup! Figure Rollerskating! Their older brother, Jorge, is an officer in the Chilean Air Force and he gets to fly fighter jets. He wasn't in Santiago that night because he was the officer in charge of the Quintero Base. My sister Mabel and my mom are to the right of the photo. The food was great, the conversation was super lively, and the music was in SPANISH!!! :-)