Monday, September 21, 2009


This is another one of my cousin´s favorite "picadas." I ordered lobster bisque, Reggie had steak and french fries, Sherri had fried "reineta" - a boneless fish - and we all shared a bunch of seafood empanadas that were to die for. Julio also ordered for appetizer a plate with several kinds of seafood, shellfish, and a yummy onion, cilantro, and other veggies sampler plate. At this restaurant that houses about 100 people and is ALWAYS at full capacity, there are two men who come every couple of hours to sing typical, old-time Chilean songs. They bring their guitars and play and sing, and then they go from table to table for diner´s tips. I tipped thyem well. They have amazing voices and they brought back some rich memories from my childhood when I would sing all these songs with my mom and sisters as we travelled to and from family vacation trips.











A view of some shops by the ocean with "made in Chile" products. Aubri bought a blue hat knitted by Chilean people with Chilean wool in the style of the Chilean natives in the Northern part of the country. I bought one for Nathan so he can take snowboarding. He likes orange so that´s what he we bought.

No comments: